At Our Core
In the more than 80 years since our formation, The Community Chest has worked vigorously towards the advancement of our neighbors. Each year we raise funds and allocate them to agencies that have demonstrated the capacity to provide services to local citizens in the Englewood, Tenafly and Englewood Cliffs area.
What Else Do We Do?
• Monitoring the human services needs in each of the three communities
• Bringing together organizations to work together to meet their mutual goals
• Providing consultation services to all of its grantees on key management issues (e.g. personnel management services, fundraising)
• Providing consultation services to the Boards of Managers of grantees (e.g. Executive Director Recruitment)
• Providing consultation services to corporations and businesses around corporate social responsibility and corporate giving
• Providing volunteer opportunities for adults and students wishing to become involved in philanthropic endeavors
• Offering professional development programming to our grantees and the larger nonprofit community
Who Runs Community Chest?
• The Community Chest is governed by a Board of Managers that volunteers to assist the organization by donating their time, wisdom, and personal resources to meet The Chest’s mission.
• Members of the board represent the 3 towns supported by The Community Chest and offer their own professional and personal knowledge to assist with the governance of the organization.
• Board Members are the ambassadors of The Community Chest, communicating with their friends and neighbors about its good work.